Medical students, early career surgeons, and physician scientists can network and build relationships within the cardiothoracic surgical community, while gaining insight into the specialty through the AATS Member for a Day Program.
The AATS Member for a Day Program will take place during the AATS Annual Meeting. Awardees will receive complimentary “all access” registration to the scientific sessions at the Annual Meeting, including the AATS Member for a Day Session and the AATS/TSRA Resident Luncheon. A $500 stipend will be provided as well to support travel and accommodations for up to four nights at a designated Annual Meeting hotel.
- Medical student candidates must be currently enrolled in either an LCME-accredited medical school in the United States or a CACMS-accredited medical school in Canada.
- General surgical and/or integrated cardiothoracic surgery resident candidates must be currently enrolled in either an ACGME accredited surgery residency program in the United States or a RCPSC accredited surgery residency program in Canada.
- Select Integrated (I-6) cardiothoracic surgery residents within their first two years.
- Physician scientists must be members of the APSA.
No more than one candidate per training level will be selected from each institution. Applications must include:
- A letter of support from an AATS Member or a faculty member at a candidate’s institution.
- A one-page outline from the applicant stating what he/she expects to gain from participating in the program, and an indication of which sub-specialty of cardiothoracic surgery is of interest.