Member for a Day
Career Stage: Medical Students, Residents
Program Type: Annual Meeting Program
Opens: October 31, 2022
Deadline: January 17, 2023
Medical students, early career surgeons, and physician scientists can network and build relationships within the cardiothoracic surgical community, while gaining insight into the specialty through the AATS Member for a Day Program.
The AATS Member for a Day Program will take place during the AATS Annual Meeting. Awardees will receive complimentary “all access” registration to the scientific sessions at the Annual Meeting, including the AATS Member for a Day Session and the AATS/TSRA Resident Luncheon. A $500 stipend will be provided as well to support travel and accommodations for up to four nights at a designated Annual Meeting hotel.
- Medical student candidates must be currently enrolled in either an LCME-accredited medical school in the United States or a CACMS-accredited medical school in Canada.
- General surgical and/or integrated cardiothoracic surgery resident candidates must be currently enrolled in either an ACGME accredited surgery residency program in the United States or a RCPSC accredited surgery residency program in Canada.
- Select Integrated (I-6) cardiothoracic surgery residents within their first two years.
- Physician scientists must be members of the APSA.
No more than one candidate per training level will be selected from each institution. Applications must include:
- A letter of support from an AATS Member or a faculty member at a candidate’s institution.
- A one-page outline from the applicant stating what he/she expects to gain from participating in the program, and an indication of which sub-specialty of cardiothoracic surgery is of interest.
Program past deadline:
Deadline has passed for applying for this program.