Jack A. Roth Fellowship in Thoracic Surgical Oncology
An Honoring Our Mentors Program
Career Stage: Early Career Surgeons
Program Type: Fellowship
Opens: This next opening date is being determined.
The AATS Foundation Jack A. Roth Fellowship in Thoracic Surgical Oncology provides a unique opportunity for thoracic oncology surgeons who have recently completed their training or those interested in Thoracic Surgical Oncology to broaden their experience in the field. The training program is designed as a two - four week observational Fellowship and will involve full integration into all clinical and academic programs of the Department of Thoracic Surgery at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Funded and administered by the AATS Foundation, this Fellowship provides awards for up to two recipients each year to defray travel and living expenses.
- Completed formal training in Thoracic Surgery or be interested in a career in Thoracic surgery.
- Candidates from all training programs worldwide are welcome to apply.
- Fluent in English and meeting all necessary prerequisites for travel to and from the training center such as visa and license requirements.
- Applicants should provide a curriculum vitae with a full description of their surgical experience.
- Letter of support from his/her current attending surgeon or future department chair/division chief.
- One to two page narrative to include:
- What you hope to accomplish during your observational fellowship at the host institution.
- How you will utilize the skills you have observed and will implement at your home institution.
- Relationship of the planned study to your prior experience, preparation and professional goals.
- Statement of your future career goals.
Please note that any award payments made to foreign individuals may be subject to federal tax withholding of up to 30% if a recipient is traveling to the United States.
The AATS Foundation’s Thoracic Scholarship Committee will review all applications and recommend recipients to be presented to AATS Foundation Board of Directors for a final decision. Applications will be graded on all aspects of the award criteria.
Program currently closed:
Program will open This next opening date is being determined..