At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the indications for the surgical treatment of cardiac arrhythmias and rhythm disorders;
- Identify basic underlying mechanisms of arrhythmias, and apply techniques in cardiac recording and mapping, and clinical electrophysiology;
- Assess various operative techniques for the treatment of arrhythmias and discuss postprocedural cardiac monitoring and appropriate follow-up;
- Examine interventional approaches to atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia, inappropriate sinus tachycardia, and transvenous and epicardial lead implantation and extraction techniques.
ACCME ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery designates this Other activity (live and recorded sessions) for 11.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLAIMING CME
To claim credit for this event:
- Attend the sessions in full for which credit is sought;
- Complete the post-activity evaluation;
- A certificate of completion will be available once the evaluation is submitted.
FINANCIAL DISCLOSURES STATEMENT
The planners and faculty for this activity do not have any relationships to disclose unless listed here . Any resulting conflicts of interest were resolved prior to the start of the activity according to ACCME Criteria and Standards.
For further information on the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards of Commercial Support, please visit www.accme.org.