Call for Abstracts
The AATS Surgical Treatment for Arrhythmias and Rhythm Disorders course is a two-day, virtual learning experience to support the exchange of information between electrophysiologists and surgeons. The program will provide a comprehensive, unbiased review of the surgical treatment of cardiac arrhythmias and rhythm disorders. The meeting will cover basic underlying mechanisms, cardiac recording and mapping techniques, clinical electrophysiology, operative techniques including new technologies and hybrid approaches, cardiac monitoring, and appropriate follow-up.
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 11, 2020 at 11:59PM Eastern Time.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CATEGORIES
During the submission process, you will be prompted to select from one of the following categories. Please select the category which best defines the field your abstract represents:
- Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation and Other Arrhythmias
- Management of the Left Atrial Appendage
- Lead Extraction
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Please use the Abstract Submission Form to submit via email.
- All submissions MUST include an abstract with a maximum of 200 words. You may use ONE (1) image OR ONE (1) table within your abstract, which will NOT be included in the word count.
- Abstract categories are listed on the Abstract Submission Form.
- Participants must submit their abstract electronically to Kim Dornan at email@example.com by the abstract submission deadline. You must fill out and submit the Abstract Submission Form.
- All abstracts must be structured using specific section headings or they will not be accepted. The labels must be submitted in bold font.
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT INCLUDE REFERENCES
In order to comply with the Standards of Commercial Support of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) , which accredits the AATS and to maintain anonymity, the following must be adhered to:
- Names of individuals, institutions, professional societies and organizations, and products cannot be included in the abstract title nor in the body of the abstract. Names of research databases may be included in the body of the abstract.
- Please use generic, not commercial, names for all therapeutic agents.
- Abstracts may be disqualified if the above is not met.
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION TO THE JTCVS
Abstract presenters are strongly encouraged to submit an original manuscript (max. 3,500 words) based on previously unpublished data, or either an Expert Opinion or Expert Review (max. 2,500 words) emphasizing your own data or experience to Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (JTCVS). Please review the Information for Authors policies for manuscript submission available at www.jtcvs.org. Please submit manuscripts electronically by October 2, 2020. Manuscripts can be submitted here:
ABSTRACT ACCEPTANCE/REJECTION NOTIFICATION
Decisions of the Program Committee will be made known to all presenting authors by email. It is the responsibility of the presenting author to notify all co-authors of the Program Committee’s decision.
Requests for withdrawal of an abstract must be received in writing no later than September 10, 2020 and must state the reason for withdrawal.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I want to include an image or table in my abstract. How do I indicate where the table should be placed?
The image or table will be placed on page three of the Abstract Submission Form.
What is the deadline for abstract submissions?
Abstracts must be submitted via email to Kim Dornan at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 11, at 11:59PM Eastern Time. Late or incomplete abstracts will not be considered.
Can I make revisions to a submitted abstract prior to Friday, September 11, 2020?
Yes. You may email Kim Dornan at email@example.com any time before the deadline to make adjustments to your abstract. After Friday, September 11, 2020, all abstract submissions are considered final.
I cannot find an answer to my question in this list.
Contact: Kim Dornan
Phone: (978) 252-2200 x507 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM Eastern Time, Monday - Friday