Call for Abstracts and Case Videos
The International Thoracic Surgical Oncology Summit abstract submission is an opportunity to present research and scholarly activity in topical areas of thoracic surgical oncology during the meeting taking place virtually on October 16-17, 2020. Abstracts will be accepted as both podium and poster presentations.
Submission Deadline: Monday, August 17, 2020 at 11:59PM Eastern Time.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Please use the Abstract Submission Form to submit via email.
All submissions MUST include an abstract with a maximum of 350 words. You may use ONE (1) image OR ONE (1) table within your abstract, which will NOT be included in the word count.
Abstract categories are listed on the Abstract Submission Form.
Participants must submit their abstract electronically to Nicole Trainor at firstname.lastname@example.org by the abstract submission deadline. You must fill out and submit the Abstract Submission Form .
All abstracts must be structured using specific section headings or they will not be accepted. The labels must be submitted in bold font.
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT INCLUDE REFERENCES
In order to comply with the Standards of Commercial Support of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) , which accredits the AATS and to maintain anonymity, the following must be adhered to:
Abstracts may be disqualified if the above is not met.
- Names of individuals, institutions, professional societies and organizations, and products cannot be included in the abstract title nor in the body of the abstract. Names of research databases may be included in the body of the abstract.
- Please use generic, not commercial, names for all therapeutic agents.
VIDEO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- If submitting a video, you MUST submit an abstract via email and attach the video to the same email. Videos that are too large for email attachments can be shared via a file sharing link such as WeTransfer or Dropbox.All submissions must include an abstract with a maximum of 350 words.
- Videos may not exceed 6 minutes in length.
- If video is narrated, it must be in English.Live narration is mandatory for all accepted videos.
- Videos may focus on novel procedures, interesting techniques, difficult problems, interesting cases, etc. Videos should highlight conceptual approaches and surgical techniques.
- Videos may be supplemented with several incorporated slides summarizing indications, results, and follow-up.
- The maximum file size for a video is 115MB.
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION TO THE JTCVS
We encourage all oral and poster presenters to submit a manuscript based on their presentation to The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
(JTCVS) preferably before Thursday, October 15, 2020
and no later than Monday, December 7, 2020
PLEASE NOTE - Accepted oral and poster submissions will be given an accelerated review by the JTCVS Editorial Board. Podium and poster presenters are encouraged to submit their papers. Please refer to the Journal Information for Authors at www.jtcvsonline.org or www.editorialmanager.com/jtcvs for submission guidelines and requirements. Presenters should be sure to use the Summit 2020 article type and follow submission directions for Original Manuscripts or Expert Opinion.
ABSTRACT ACCEPTANCE/REJECTION NOTIFICATION
Decisions of the Program Committee will be made known to all presenting authors by email after September 1, 2020. It is the responsibility of the presenting author to notify all co-authors of the Program Committee’s decision.
Requests for withdrawal of an abstract must be received in writing no later than August 16, 2020 and must state the reason for withdrawal.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I want to include an image or table in my abstract. How do I indicate where the table should be placed?
The image or table will be placed on page three of the Abstract Submission Form.
- What is the deadline for abstract submissions?
Abstracts must be submitted via email to Nicole Trainor at email@example.com by Monday, August 17, 2020 at 11:59PM Eastern Time. Late or incomplete abstracts will not be considered.
- Can I make revisions to a submitted abstract prior to Monday, August 17, 2020?
Yes. You may email Nicole Trainor at firstname.lastname@example.org any time before the deadline to make adjustments to your abstract. After Monday, August 17, 2020, all abstract submissions are considered final.
- I cannot find an answer to my question in this list.
Contact: Nicole Trainor
Phone: (978) 252-2200 x516 E-mail: email@example.com
Business Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM Eastern Time, Monday - Friday