At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the latest techniques and current research specifically related to adult cardiac surgery, congenital heart disease, general thoracic surgery, and perioperative care;
- Select appropriate surgical procedures and other interventions for their own patients based upon results presented;
- Incorporate the basic science developments and emerging technologies and techniques across the spectrum of cardiothoracic surgery;
- Communicate current practice management necessary for the effective and safe delivery of patient care;
- Translate expanded knowledge into practice for the improvement of patient outcomes and satisfaction.
ACCME ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery designates this other activity (live and recorded sessions) for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLAIMING CME
To claim credit for this event:
- Attend the sessions in full for which credit is sought;
- Complete the post-activity evaluation;
- A certificate of completion will be available once the evaluation is submitted.
FINANCIAL DISCLOSURES STATEMENT
The planners and faculty for this activity do not have any relationships to disclose unless listed. Any resulting conflicts of interest were resolved prior to the start of the activity according to ACCME Criteria and Standards.
DISCLOSURE OF COMMERCIAL SUPPORT
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery received commercial support from the following organizations: <to be added as confirmed>.
For further information on the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards of Commercial Support, please visit www.accme.org.