Mechanical Support for the Heart and Lung Symposium-
Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission Deadline:
Monday, May 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time
The abstract submission process is now open for the AATS Mechanical Support for the Heart and Lung Symposium Scientific Poster Competition. The Poster Competition is an opportunity to present current, ongoing or completed research and scholarly activity in topical areas of cardiothoracic surgery, identify collaborators and get feedback on your work. The Symposium will take place September 20-21, 2019 at the Marriott Marquis Houston in Houston, Texas. The Poster Competition will be held during the Welcome Reception, Friday, September 20th from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. with all successful applicants in attendance. Committee Members will view and grade all posters and select top poster winners in the Cardiac and Pulmonary categories. Winners will be announced Saturday morning at the start of the plenary session. Below are the rules for submission, as well as some tips to help facilitate your abstract submission process. Good luck!
Please read our rules for abstract submissions.
- Abstracts and posters should contain information that is original work and has not been previously presented at a national or international meeting. PowerPoints are not accepted as part of abstract submissions for the AATS Mechanical Support for the Heart and Lung Symposium.
- All submissions MUST include an abstract with a maximum of 350 words. You may use one table or one image within your abstract which will not be included in the word count.
- During the submission process you will be prompted to select from the following categories: Cardiac or Pulmonary.
- All abstracts must be structured using the following section headings or they will not be considered. The labels must be submitted in bold font:
- TITLE – Should be short and concise, containing no abbreviations, and indicating the nature of the work.Capitalize the first letter of each word in the title.
- OBJECTIVE(S) - Defined as the hypothesis or the purpose of the study.
- METHODS - Defined as the study design.
- RESULTS - Includes the outcome of the study and statistical significance if appropriate.
- CONCLUSIONS - State conclusions drawn from THIS study and their significance.\
- PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT INCLUDE REFERENCES*IMPORTANT REMINDER*
To comply with the Standards of Commercial Support of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) which accredits the AATS and to maintain anonymity, the following must be adhered to:
- Names of individuals, institutions, professional societies and organizations, and products cannot be included in the abstract title nor in the body of the abstract.
- Names of research databases may be included in the body of the abstract.
- Please use generic, not commercial, names for all therapeutic agents
- Abstracts may be disqualified if the above is not met.
Manuscript Submission to the JTCVS:
We encourage all poster presenters to submit a manuscript based on their presentation to the Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (JTCVS) preferably before Thursday, September 26, 2019. Please refer to the Journal Information for Authors at www.jtcvsonline.org or www.editorialmanager.com/jtcvs for submission guidelines and requirements. Presenters should be sure to use the Mechanical article type, and follow submission directions for Original Manuscripts.