Request for Co-Sponsorship of Educational Programs
As recommended by the Education Committee, the AATS Council considers co-sponsoring educational programs with specific interest to cardiothoracic surgeons. If your Institution/Association wishes to consider co-sponsorship by the AATS, the following co-sponsorship criteria will apply
Criteria for Co-Sponsorship
- The educational program must be institution-based and approved for ACCME accreditation. Courses conducted by individuals do not qualify for AATS co-sponsorship.
- Application for co-sponsorship should be reviewed by the Education Committee and approved by Council at least one year in advance of the proposed program date.
- Applications for co-sponsorship must include:
- Name of Sponsoring Institution and CME Provider
- Educational Topic(s) with their stated value and relevance to attendees
- Proposed Director(s)
- Proposed Budget
- Proposed Program
- Desired level of AATS involvement
- Previous Programs including attendance and budget metrics (if applicable)
- Previous attendee list (if applicable)
- Multidisciplinary participation from faculty across aligned specialties is encouraged.
Applications for co-sponsorship should be submitted to:
J. William Gaynor, M.D.
Chair of the Education Committee
American Association for Thoracic Surgery
800 Cummings Center, Suite 350-V
Beverly, MA 01915